G. WINSTON FREEMAN (Singer/Songwriter/Piano)
After college, I spent the next several years performing R&B, Pop and Jazz with my own 7 piece musical ensemble, nationally and internationally. Over the last 15 years, I have worked as a back-up vocalist for Gloria Gaynor during one of her New York performances ( 2001). I’ve also shared the stage as a featured vocalist, with the Emotions during that same time period. More recently, I was one of three featured vocalists in a group that was the opening act for the Stylistics (2015).
I am presently working with young children, providing instructional outlets for music and physical education, throughout the school year and during the Summer.
Additionally, I have written, co-written and recorded several songs that share an R&B/Pop flavor – the most recent one, takes a more spiritual approach in recognizing some of the challenges that we face in today’s world.
I continue to perform and am presently looking for avenues to expose these compositions through live performances and product distribution.
I look forward to the possibilities.
- 1995 – EUROPE/MEDITERANEAN Morocco, Spain, Italy, Germany – [7wks]
- 1998 – EUROPE The Azores, Germany, Italy, Greece – [7wks]
- 1999 – Whitney Museum, NYC [opening act] featuring “Little”Anthony
- 2000 – CENTRAL AMERICA Bermuda, PR, Panama, Honduras – [4wks]
- 2000 – Sony Jazz Festival – [opening act] featuring the “Emotions”
- 2001 – [Back-up performer for] Gloria Gaynor at Club Shine , NYC
- 2015 – [featured vocalist in] “Opening Act” for the “Stylistics”
Vocalist, Bassist, Writer, ProducerSinging Styles: R&B, Pop, Rock
Teaches at North Hampton University: Life Enhancement course teaching bass and Music Sequencing!
Performed with National Acts: Three Ounces of Love, Lee (explosion) Fields.
Billboard Hot 100 Credits: Babies having Babies – Terry Tate (top ten), Loving Touch – Quincy Patrick
- Take my love – Quincy Patrick
- That’s why I love you – Quincy Patrick
- Count on my love – Terry Tate
- One Night – Terry Tate
- Thank You – Terry Tate
Current Projects: Robert Youngblood, NEXSTEP Featuring G. Winston, Lisa Coppola, HELP
I worked as a songwriter for Trumpet Records for 2 years and wrote the music for the top ten R&B hit “Babies having Babies” for Terry Tate. I currently have my own album out on Konkord Records which is available at www.konkordrecords.com with my first single entitled “A change is gonna come”.
Thank you wholeheartedly.